When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More ???? On a new/old tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
IMG_0138.PNG
Just bought and wanted to know more about. Please and thank you

These are Asian-made tricycles and are not that old. When our daughter was pre-school age in the late 1980s I remember seeing one of these brand new on display in a toy store. Under normal use they seem to start deteriorating quickly with shiny parts getting rusty, plastic parts cracking, and vinyl tearing or missing altogether. Originally this one would have a vinyl padded back seat. Sometimes there is a bowing of the frame where the seat support bolts on if heavier riders used it - a weak point in the design. Having a bolted connection at the head tube allows the frame to pivot and bend if too much weight is on it. These often had the name "Happy Rider" and "Sanfa Deluxe" on the decals. Sorry if I got a little long winded...guess being a mechanical designer by trade I'm a bit more critical of how things are made.

Dave

Back