When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Spring Cleaning

-
Didn't the Romans salt the fields of Carthage? They didn't want Carthage to come back.

-----

recall going to to a drive-in movie with me parents when we were on a weekend camping trip in sixty-one

one of the titles on the double-bill was Carthage In Flames

it was part of that trend of the day for "sand & sword" pictures

made me curious about the real Carthage so looked it up when got home

the next semester in school the geography teacher happend to ask "does anyone know where Carthage was"

me wee paw was the only one to arise

there was a small gasp from the class when the mouth attached to the paw expressed "about thirty miles from modern Tunis"

-----

I've been using the leather faced style on steel chrome rims on three of my bikes. They stop fast and grab, no noise at all. They say they stop better in rain but I never ride in rain. I got them to be more original-ish on one of my English bikes and found they worked excellent all the way around.

Still waiting for them to burnish to see if they stay the same if water never cleans them off.
Where did you get them at? I'll have to try some, I've got a set of Kool-Stops on my beater Traveler and they stop better than the old ones but they squeal like a stuck hog.

Where did you get them at? I'll have to try some, I've got a set of Kool-Stops on my beater Traveler and they stop better than the old ones but they squeal like a stuck hog.

I've found a couple sellers in England who carry Fibrax Raincheater pads, but they wanted more to ship the pads than I wanted to pay.

Yeah, Buying stuff from England you just have to suck it up if you really need or want something. The shipping is the killer usually.
I think I paid over $40 last time but I'm sure it's more now. If you look at some Campy stuff and what hi-end brake pads go for first, it'll make it easier....😬

These aren't so bad:

Might be worth it if you need a bulk lot of pads and they all get shipped in the same box. I'll have to just keep looking around and maybe combine with my next order for Michelin tires. I was getting stuff from England through Wiggle before it declared bankruptcy. The cost of a pair of tires through Wiggle was the same as a pair of tires from a US shop at one time. Michelin World Tours from Wiggle cost the same with shipping as Kendas from a US shop. They stopped carrying a lot of stuff when they declared bankruptcy.

Might be worth it if you need a bulk lot of pads and they all get shipped in the same box. I'll have to just keep looking around and maybe combine with my next order for Michelin tires. I was getting stuff from England through Wiggle before it declared bankruptcy. The cost of a pair of tires through Wiggle was the same as a pair of tires from a US shop at one time. Michelin World Tours from Wiggle cost the same with shipping as Kendas from a US shop. They stopped carrying a lot of stuff when they declared bankruptcy.
I got my World Tours through Biketiresdirect. Shipped from North Carolina at a reasonable cost.

I have been hearing that Biketiresdirect has them, but I've had no luck finding them on their website. I keep seeing Kenda but not Michelin in that size. Maybe they stopped carrying the Michelin World Tour for three speeds(?). Please let me know if you have a link and I'm just not looking in the right place.

There are a couple ebay sellers that still have limited stocks, but they're a little more than I was getting through Wiggle before they went bankrupt. Perhaps one of those "bite the bullet" moments with inflation attached.

Last edited:
Back