When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Spring Cleaning

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice day for a ride: 1958 Raleigh four speed (FW).

20220412_175249.jpg

20220412_175310.jpg

Still so few leaves on the trees there Mike. I noticed that gives you a little more visibility around the bends in the road. 😀

Neat looking rear reflector/light doodad on the seat stay. Is there power to it from the bag? I see the front light looks like it’s powered too. Pretty stealth and vintage looking still. Nice.

These are rechargeable lights. With the tail light, the actual light portion comes out of the silver shell and recharges with a USB cord. It seems to be a new-ish light called an "Aluma-lite", where the functional light unscrews from the little shell and you just charge with a phone charger or other USB cord. I should do a review, because it's actually pretty powerful for a tail light, and it looks better than most of the modern, rubber ones.

The front light is a light I made from an old Miller lamp shell - I mounted a cree LED in the light dish and soldered a swith for it. A rechargeable battery rests on the shelf of the lamp bracket.

20140620_182308.jpg

20140620_191237.jpg

20140620_195711.jpg

this is the first time I've been able to see this thread this year - for some reason, CABE "not available" page comes up most often

A couple Schwinn cranks cleaned up over the weekend. The one on the right needed minimal work, but the ones on the left... lots of brushing. If you have a drill press, it's worth looking into a wire brush attachment for it. I'm finding the drill press with wire brush is nice for work where you don't quite need a bench grinder brush but you need something bigger than a Dremel.

20220409_154011.jpg

We have a nice, new pedestrian bridge here that was built in the past few months. And the weather is getting a bit warmer finally as well. The leaves all came out in the past week or 10 days - all at once sort of thing. Hopefully a good riding season ahead.

20220518_175933.jpg

20220518_181841.jpg

Back