When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Spring Cleaning

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Chilly spring here in New England, so far. Hopefully a little warmer weather is on the way soon. I'm still enjoying this tall frame Schwinn Racer 3-speed on my evening rides.

20210510_182256.jpg

Interestingly, the conditions for riding this week have been the same or slightly cooler than when I began the season in the first week of April. It has been well below normal these past couple weeks.

A few days ago, I got to have a solid little race on the 1960s Schwinn Racer with an incoming thunderstorm to get back to my place in time to avoid the rain and lightning. The Racer made it back with about 10 min to spare, so earned its stripes.

One recommendation I have to make is that you bring a cell phone with you in your saddle bag and have a weather app/alert on it for lightning. When I got down to the lake in the next town over, everything looked OK. There were some clouds, but nothing serious that I could see from where I the park where I stopped. My phone buzzed and warned of incoming lightning and heavy rain. I figured I'd follow the phone's advice and start my return rather than going farther out.

It turned out to be the correct decision. As I left the woods and got on the main road, I noticed the dark clouds were approaching very quickly. Having looked at the weather radar on the phone app, and seeing the clouds moving in, I gave it everything to beat the storm back to my place. The Schwinn Racer performed nicely and I made it back with 10 minutes to spare.

Back