When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Spring Cleaning

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
20200925_180251.jpg

20200925_180308.jpg

I love the red letters on the head badge. Were they always red? Mine are black, but my bike is black.

My project for January: reviving this neat old 1930s-era Sturmey hub set: a 1937 Model K and a "Mark II" Dynohub. To go with it is an appropriate black quadrant shifter and pulley. The Mark II is a massive piece of equipment, far larger and heavier than the post-war Dynohub. It dwarfs even the Model K, which itself is sized like an AW.

20210124_222729.jpg

20210124_222848.jpg

20210124_222740.jpg

My project for January: reviving this neat old 1930s-era Sturmey hub set: a 1937 Model K and a "Mark II" Dynohub. To go with it is an appropriate black quadrant shifter and pulley. The Mark II is a massive piece of equipment, far larger and heavier than the post-war Dynohub. It dwarfs even the Model K, which itself is sized like an AW.

View attachment 1345200

View attachment 1345201

View attachment 1345202
I think that's the first picture of a "Mark II" I've ever seen. Thanks for posting!

It's the only one I've ever come across. The Hub of the Universe book, which has become a sort of "bible" of Sturmey Archer for me because of its detail, only talks briefly about it. It seems to have been a short-lived transition between the original Dynohub and the subsequent series of "GH" models from before WWII. There is very little imprinting on the hub. The only imprint is "MARK II".

20210124_222759.jpg

I'll hold onto it for my hub collection - just not enough spares to use on an everyday basis on a bike, and it's really large and heavy in any event, even compared to the basic post-war GH-6.

Finally, the 2021 riding season begins here in western New England. We've had a moderately snowy winter and several wind storms, as well as several cold snaps where it stays down in the 30s during the day. But finally this week, we're in the 60s each day with dry conditions. I'm still finishing some work on a couple Raleigh and Lucas bells for various bikes, but everything is pretty much ready for this season.
20210406_181622.jpg

Back