When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Spring Cleaning

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
60 degrees in December? Absolutely will take that. DL-1 time:

20171203_151233.jpg

20171203_151244.jpg

Man, these are all beautiful bikes. Really enjoyed the thread. Thanks

Thanks.

I have a feeling my rides for this year are done. The state of Virginia put down a heavy layer of road salt and pre-treat yesterday, and we'll have maybe 1-2 inches of snow today. I have winter stored everything except the 10-speed Grand Prix. I'll be using the Grand Prix on an indoor roller. I'll use that a couple of days per week until the roads are salt-free.

The snow does not bother me so much, but road salt and pre-treat "brine" is exceedingly corrosive on steel. Riding on that stuff just makes more work in rust removal later for me. I tested out just how bad that stuff is for steel a couple of winters ago with a Schwinn 3-speed I rode over the course of the winter. I monitored how quickly rust would develop on bare spots on the bike, and it was always within 1 week of exposure, there was rust. I cleaned up the bike and decided not to ride on any of those road treatments again.

This particular bike has a 21 tooth cog on the rear and a 44 tooth front sprocket. The 44 tooth front is smaller than the usual DL-1 (standard US-spec is 48 and later 46 teeth).

Back