Morrow Brake Shoe Question

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Rustafari

Finally riding a big boys bike
Mar 4, 2013
SoCal
Hey all,
I got my hands on a Morrow hub a while back. Never had one apart before but wanted to check the bearings and races. Everything looks good but curious about the brake shoe. Is this one okay? I think I read somewhere that they were smooth originally, then they added groves later on. Is this one of those early ones or is it totally worn out? lol

MorrowBrakeShoe01.jpg

Reactions: WetDogGraphix

abe lugo

I live for the CABE
Sep 6, 2010
Los Angeles,CA
I sold a bike because I could get mine to stop.

On another one I did the groove lines. I also used a brake cylinder hone to deglaze the hub. Then it worked very well. I think you also have to check the loop area where the pins are. Sometimes you will get a crank in there. It can be welded up as a quick fix.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!