• Due to some recent accounts having their passwords hacked, we are requiring that everyone set a new password. On your next login, you'll be given the option to choose a new one. Please follow current password guidelines for secure passwords. Sorry for the trouble!

Sold Morrow coaster brake build by year 1946-48-50-51

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Price
185 shipped
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
Read carefully as the title may seem confusing! What you are buying here is one complete Morrow coaster brake that will come with a 1/2" pitch(20 tooth) and one 1" pitch(10 tooth) sprocket. With fresh hub sprockets this dramatically improves your ride and takes away that annoying klackety-klack noise that comes from using worn sprockets and chains. The date of the hub shell will be determined by you. This is so you can have a the 'correct' year hub for your cherished bike! The hub shell dates available are: 1946(p2) 1948(r2) 1950(t4) 1951(u1). All the shells are nos and have never been laced up-beautiful. All the internal parts are nos except the axel itself(but is a genuine morrow axel-not a funky wald). Date codes on internals will vary-but nos. Some pieces have a surface patina but will either clean up or really not matter when the hub is laced and greased up. I am a stickler for full functioning morrows and run morrows exclusively on all my bikes. This hub is ready for use and years of great riding. You will notice in the pictures two brake arms-the thin writing is for the 46/48 hub and the writing that has more of a 'ribbon' look to it is for the 50/51 hub. That would be the correct arm for each of those years but if you have a different preference that is not a problem-you choose the one you want. Again-study the pictures-you are buying one complete morrow hub with a 'dated' hub of your choice-with two sprockets and arm of choice. shipping is included.

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
'F' code hub! I wish! Finding prewar dated hubs that are useable are getting harder to find. Usable to me means no pitting in the shell bearing areas-internals can be replaced. Most of the morrow hubs available on ebay end up being pencil holders they are so bad. Now many guys run these with pits and don't mind or have them on bikes that are on display where it doesn't really matter. I am not a date purist type-I run the square dust cover and appropriate ribbon script brake arm on my prewar bikes and I am good with that as the hubs are exact replacements. I'll keep an eye out for that code hub!

Last edited: