When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow Eclipse knockout front hub

-

Mercian

I live for the CABE
Dear All,

I'm looking for a Morrow made Eclipse front hub, the type with a knockout axle, 36 spoke. I will consider 10, 11 and 12 gauge spokes (I know the 10 is rare).

Please note: I am in France, but can provide references from CABE members for items already successfully shipped.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi Geosbike,

thanks for the reply. Could you send me some details (spoke size, condtion, price, picture if you have one), by "private conversation" if you prefer?

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi All,

Thanks again to Geosbike, but we have discussed, and it's not what I'm after, so I'm still looking for a front hub for my 1917 Columbia Military Model.

I would consider any early heavy duty knockout hub that looks mostly like the one below. the spoke size is 13, though I would consider any from 10 to 13.

I have tried hard, but been unable to identify the correct front hub/axle for this bike. Again, I am relying on (and grateful for) the photos from the Online Bicycle Museum site .

http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/world-war-one/1918-ww1-columbia-military-model-u-s-army-issue-usa748/

front-hub-1-a-jpg.jpg

This hub is a 1917/18 Columbia. Most hubs at this point in time (New Departure etc) seem to have very curved profiles, whilst this is dead straight.

Some later hubs such as the New Departure SM show this straight profile, but the diameter of the inner tube is notably smaller. This seems quite heavy duty. In many ways it resembles the Morrow Eclipse style hub used on the WW2 G519 Columbias, but I have no idea if these existed in 1917.

Any ideas as to what it is (and where to get one) greatfully received.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi jkent,

Thanks for taking the time to read and make a suggestion. the profile is close, but it's a 32 hole hub, and I need a 36.

The search continues....

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi All,

after a recent near miss on the classifieds for the type of hub I'm after, I thought I'd update this wanted request.

I'm still looking for a suitable front hub for my 1917 Columbia "Military Model" bike.

Nickinator recently sold this Morrow front hub that looks very similar (or the same) as what I'm after. Does anyone have one available for sale (or, if you have a better idea for the identity of the original one pictured above, please let me know).

Thanks in Anticipation.

Best Regards,

Adrian

(Photo Credits: Nickinator, with thanks)
hubs 1 - 1A.jpg

hubs 2 - 1A.jpg

Back