When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow help

-

buickmike

I live for the CABE
Bearing race+spring and disc plus grooved section *all turning as one and tight. How does it separate?

uploadfromtaptalk1495907548383.jpg

Those two parts fitting together tightly with the retarder spring and spacer in between as the axle is threaded on is the key to proper morrow function. Soft vise or pliers jaws on the axle and wrench on the cone. Both parts you see will unthread off and on the axle as unit. Can't separate them while on the axle unless something is really wrong.

Thanks. I'm ready to assemble with axle. Took a saw to old axle. How can I assemble and maintain spring tension and correct engagement of tooth to slot in bearing race

Thanks. I'm ready to assemble with axle. Took a saw to old axle. How can I assemble and maintain spring tension and correct engagement of tooth to slot in bearing race

With three hands.

I put the brake cone down on the bench, assemble spring and spacer correctly and push the bushing down snug against the cone as I thread the axle down the bushing and into the cone

I guess I'll have to go back to school. Upon test spinning wheel braking was improved but wheel almost rotates 3/4 of the way around before sprocket engages.

Back