When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MORROW Hub help needed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
3CE7A965-491D-4218-8586-AB216D770A82.jpeg

Make sure these first 8 steps are done correctly.

I've also been looking for this information. Particularly the end clearance! Thanks Autocycleplane!

I am getting ready to replace an axel and "Adjust" the clearance step 7, on a couple more Morrow hubs.
I remember "Feeler Guages" to measure gap/spacing but I dont have any.
Sometimes while I'm pedaling, the gear will slip and catch.
Does this adjustment fix that issue? @Autocycleplane
IMG_9031.jpg

So it looks like the cone is stripped also , so how did you get it off . Iv never seen that happen. How many miles you got on that puppy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Iv never seen that happen.
Me neither.
That is far enough in everything threads outside that groove.
A loose bearing; brand new, that caused that squeek while it slowly cut into the axel.
I rebuilt it with loose bearings on the outside cone.
I rode it and rebuilt it again; this time with more grease.
The squeek came back and now I know why.
I think it happened under 100 miles on the last put-together.
Morrow 1.jpg
Morrow 2.jpg
Morrow 3.jpg
Morrow 4.jpg
Morrow 5.jpg
Morrow 6.jpg

So a few observations:

- the only way the axle can get grooved like that is if your hub loosened up too much and one of the loose balls fell down inside the driver.
- Dan aka bicyclebones has the clutch rings on the feePay
- don't worry about feeler gauges. You only have two positions to mate the busing and cone together to engage the axle threads into the cone. Just use the smaller gap of the 2.

Excessive brake/pedal throw:
- worn expanders and/or brake sleeve, worn clutch rings, worn out retarder spring, and worn hub shell are the culprits in that order from my experience. If you replace all the small parts and assemble the hub correctly and still have problems then the shell itself is probably worn out.

These hubs work amazingly well with fresh parts and proper assembly. I think they get a bad rap because many have worn parts and have a couple of assembly quirks.

Back