When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow Hub Help Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Look uh .
I gotta ask- you add additional. Bearings at the smaller bearing at the sprocket? What about the repop adjustment. Cone with the smaller height. Does that affect anything. I keep taking mine apart first to remove grease I had slathered over everything then to correctly position spring+ disc. Now braking has improved although the drive sequence has improved it still isn't. Immediate as the ins info recommends. Finally I ordered another spring and a pair of the little c shaped rings that drive the forward motion of the wheel. I put a little oil.on the drum where the inner expanders are in contact.

Modern grease is a totally different beast than what was used originally. The old method of thick grease for bearings and oil for the brakes were the norm. Bendix and Morrows run and brake great with just good grease on everything. No way to oil a bendix red-band but they run and brake well with just grease. New D still needs that motor oil via port or it will drag (if you use grease) and defeat their purpose - smooth running with decent braking on flat ground. Morrows are bit fussy but run really smoothly when setup propertly and are better suited to long periods of braking (bigger hills).

I'll post up some Morrow rebuild info that should help.

Morrow Hub 1.jpg
Morrow Hub 2.jpg
Morrow Hub 3.jpg
Morrow Hub 4.jpg

Thanks Eric..that has once again been most helpful. I feel like I finished Morrow 101 and you took me to Morrow 201!

Another mystery solved. My hub didn't look like the pictures or diagrams. So, I pulled apart my other hub and found that what I assumed was two pieces...is actually one.

IMG_0187.jpg

Back