When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow hub problems

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STRADALITE

I live for the CABE
I have a Morrow rear hub on my prewar Cycle-Truck that is having some problems. It only happens sometimes. It takes about a quarter pedal turn before it will engage.
Please help before I hurt myself.

JOSH

have you dis assembled and cleaned it? did you get it back together correctly? they are a great hub when they work right, but if they are sticky inside they dis engage, I have one with this problem, sometimes it will go around several times without catching. I have one I rebuilt that does it every so often anyway but not nearly as often as the other one.

Hey Scott,
I cleaned and greased it before I reassembled it. That was about a year ago. This problem that I am having is fairly recent. I guess I will pull it apart and try again.
Josh

maybe a little squirt of light weight oil? usually it happens when the grease or oil inside gets a little sticky and the parts stick together rather than moving and applying the brake.

Back