When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morrow sprocket question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

codydaniels

On Training Wheels
I am using a Morrow single speed hub on my bike but the gearing is to low for me. The sprocket is 20 tooth, I would like to go with a smaller sprocket, Possibly 12 or 14 tooth. The front chainring is 45 tooth. I like to cruise about 16mph. With the current gearing I have to pedal between 80 and 90rpm to maintain that speed. I wouldn't mind changing the chainring but I don't think it would be very easy to find a matching one.

Does anyone have a suitable Morrow sprocket?

Do I have to use a Morrow or will others fit?

100_0172.JPG

100_0173.JPG

100_0174.JPG

Are Morrow cogs the only ones that will fit on that hub?
I believe that most cogs that were built for American hubs that screw on to the driver will fit. Not positive though since I haven't tried them all. New Departure might be an exception. I've noticed that New Departure cogs seem to screw onto Bendix drivers, but Bendix cogs won't screw onto New Departure drivers, so not sure you'd want to actually use one of those, but that may work too.

Edit: I should have mentioned that Morrow and Bendix hubs were made by the same company so they are interchangable.

Last edited:
Back