When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most Comfortable Saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Definitely my favorite.
The thing about the Phantom saddle with me, is I'm pushing 175.lbs...ok closer to 180........ my Phantom seat "bottoms out" ( as opposed to "bottoms up"/no pun intended either way) when I ride, and that is not a big azz deal, it's still a great saddle and comfortable, but not ideal.

IMG_0221.JPG

The thing about the Phantom saddle with me, is I'm pushing 175.lbs...ok closer to 180........ my Phantom seat "bottoms out" ( as opposed to "bottoms up"/no pun intended either way) when I ride, and that is not a big azz deal, it's still a great saddle and comfortable, but not ideal.

View attachment 1051772

Just curious if your seat is a repo or original. I weigh about the same and have five boys bikes and haven't had that problem. I have noticed that there are different sizes of the springs available though. V/r Shawn

Hands down Brooks B-56, no break in and for boney butts it's the best, of course it's a$300 saddle, but get what you pay for!!!

Just curious if your seat is a repo or original. I weigh about the same and have five boys bikes and haven't had that problem. I have noticed that there are different sizes of the springs available tho andugh. V/r Shawn

Good point. My money is betting on "repro" on my bike and that explains the lighter springs. I mean it looks new, and I do know the difference ( usually..ha!!) and never gave it much thought/ should have assumed repro or superb resto. This is my first Phantom. Needless to say, repro stuff usually doesn't hold a candle to original. Issue solved. Thanks.
Just curious if your seat is a repo or original. I weigh about the same and have five boys bikes and haven't had that problem. I have noticed that there are different sizes of the springs available though. V/r Shawn

Good point. My money is betting on "repro" on my bike and that explains the lighter springs. I mean it looks new, and I do know the difference ( usually..ha!!) and never gave it much thought/ should have assumed repro or superb resto. This is my first Phantom. Needless to say, repro stuff usually doesn't hold a candle to original. Issue solved. Thanks.

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

Was the phantom saddle manufactured by another company like Mesinger?
Frankly, I'm not sure who made the repops. It is a nice saddle ( I bought the Red Phantom from a CABE member/Bobby U helped me make the bike more "right" plus shipped it with his "golden touch"... incredible packing skills and overall "Bob" great attitude....did I mention I'm a "Bob" too? ha!!) so maybe another Cabe member can advise.

You should be able to tighten up those springs so they won't bottom out. Loosen the nuts at the bottom and twist the spring so that it pushes tighter against the seat pan, then retighten the nuts. That should fix your problem.

Back