When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most desirable wheels... S-2, S-7, etc?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Are there major differences between the various wheels on the Sting-Ray? For example, S-2 vs S-7 vs regular wheels? My '69 Sting-Ray Fair Lady has the S-7 wheels front and back.

The most desirable rims are the ones that are original to the bike. Fair Lady should have S7s with the stamps to the side. They take special diameter tires, noted by the fractional width marked on the tires as 1-3/4". Yes it sounds weird, diameter denoted by width, but trust me, that's how Schwinn did it.... surely so that you had to come back to them for tires.

S2 rims are typically associated with the rear wide Slik on the back of boys Stingrays. Their diameter is a more standard size, easier to find tires to fit, and marked in decimal sizes such as 2.125", and can fit as small as a 1.75" wide tire.

Thanks for the info, WillWork4Parts. Yes, I did notice the S-7 does require a certain tire. Fortunately, a local bike store was able to order that and have it delivered. I don't see me needing tires too often because my bike rides are usually short-to-medium. Good to know I can find them, though. From what I've read, no wheel was more desirable than another. This is good, too.

Back