When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ORIG in your Collection

-
That's amazing! I gotta know more, what's the story?

One day when I have a LOT of time, I may post the whole story... But...
Here's the Reader's Digest condensed version - Brian Sloan's father and his brother were to be given new bicycles for Christmas in '49, the brother was in a wheelchair and this bike was ordered in his favorite colors and given to him as an inspiration for him to get out of the chair, which due to the disease, never happened. The brother passed on and the never ridden bike was retained by the parents, then handed down to the other brother and kept in the attic until a short while before the parents moved to a smaller house and decided as it was now going to be put into storage, the time had come to let it go. I have the original letter response from (and signed by) Frank W Schwinn stating that once the order was placed they would look into the special order color combination and that it should not be a problem. The bikes were given to the boys for Christmas in 1949.

Unfortunately, at this point, due to multiple computer failures over the last 10 years, I can not locate the word document I wrote as I was speaking with Brian Sloan's father by phone. It had all the details in it.

I am still looking for it - four different hard-drives and a boatload of word documents in that period of time!

Thanks!

One day when I have a LOT of time, I may post the whole story... But...
Here's the Reader's Digest condensed version - Brian Sloan's father and his brother were to be given new bicycles for Christmas in '49, the brother was in a wheelchair and this bike was ordered in his favorite colors and given to him as an inspiration for him to get out of the chair, which due to the disease, never happened. The brother passed on and the never ridden bike was retained by the parents, then handed down to the other brother and kept in the attic until a short while before the parents moved to a smaller house and decided as it was now going to be put into storage, the time had come to let it go. I have the original letter response from (and signed by) Frank W Schwinn stating that once the order was placed they would look into the special order color combination and that it should not be a problem. The bikes were given to the boys for Christmas in 1949.

Unfortunately, at this point, due to multiple computer failures over the last 10 years, I can not locate the word document I wrote as I was speaking with Brian Sloan's father by phone. It had all the details in it.

I am still looking for it - four different hard-drives and a boatload of word documents in that period of time!

Thanks!
Awesome, talk about rare.

Girls - American Flyer, String for the skirt guard is the only thing I know of.

AmericanFlyer.jpg

Boys - 1941 Colson, Tires are new reproductions, but I still have old tires that came with the bike.

IMG_2488.JPG

Tim

Back