When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden/ 1963 schwinn

-

Cooper S.

I live for the CABE
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1768.JPG
IMG_3050.JPG
IMG_3051.JPG
IMG_3052.JPG
IMG_3053.JPG
IMG_3054.JPG
just finished this '63 schwinn I've been working on, it had no model decals I could find, so it's a big stingray now, but it's the least enjoyable bike I've ridden

I would've gone with a Brooks B-17 and a nice alloy set of drop bars........................................kidding of course. :p

QUOTE="rustjunkie, post: 765671, member: 38673"]Looks like the rear tire might not be seated correctly[/QUOTE]

Looks good to me. That's the way whitewall Kenda's look when installed.

That would make it ride so much worse
Not that a banana seat is going to be comfortable as it looks like a PITA as it sits. But, lower it, adjust the handlebar to the rear where you can set back in the seat and, no doubt, balance/center that Kenda might help. [maybe]

View attachment 656246 View attachment 656247 View attachment 656253 View attachment 656254 View attachment 656255 View attachment 656256 View attachment 656257 just finished this '63 schwinn I've been working on, it had no model decals I could find, so it's a big stingray now, but it's the least enjoyable bike I've ridden
What is it that makes it the most uncomfortable bike you have ridden? Sitting to far back, bars to high, to much stretched out, forward pedals? I'm just curious. I don't own a banana seat bike so you got me thinking of the ergonomics of them. Allways thought they look comfortable, was just not my thing.

IMG_3084.JPG
I changed the seat and adjusted some stuff like the bars and wheel and sissy bar, and it rides ALOT better (my ass was just too boney for the solo polo) this bike is now for sale however because of my prewar obsession

Back