When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motobecane Mirage...100% original...1977 ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Bought this yesterday one yesterday from the original owners neighbor. I know it's a second from the bottom of the line bike (I have a second from the top, a 1975 Le Champion, full Campagnolo), but it's all as it left the factory. All 29 1020 tubing lbs. of it!

I can't even find a chip of paint off of it. And every decal looks like it was just placed on. The rust and dirt appears to be from having the bike hanging for many years in the garage. Only bad thing that stood out was a scuff on the saddle. When I looked closer as I was taking photos, I saw that even the bolts have the "M" logo on them and the handlebar plug does also. I also saw that the tires are marked "Made In France", but I need to look closer to see the maker.

So, @Sven , it took about 3 weeks to get another bike since you're keeping track, lol. But this should prove to be an easy detailing, and hopefully the rust on the rims is just laying on top.

And as usual I tell you guys what I paid...$50. I consider it a great deal for a bike in this condition. Will I make a lot of money on it should I decide at some point sell it? No. But its been brought out of hiding after all these years and deserves to be back on the road. Enjoy the AS PURCHASED photos...;)

IMG_5376.jpg

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

IMG_5382.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

IMG_5384.jpg

IMG_5385.jpg

IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

I found the Catalog Specs page online, and everything on the bike matches it. Of course you'll need to blow it up to see it

1977 Moto Specs.jpg

All cleaned up! Took it for a short ride and it even shifts perfectly, something I didn't expect. And the original Michelin tires and tubes still hold the road nicely on perfectly trued wheels. Unreal!

Sadly, though, the chrome on the Rigida rims was pitted and didn't come out as well as hoped. But on the bright side, the paint and decals are almost flawless, almost appearing that it just came out of the box back in 1977. Also, the rest of the chrome on the components, including the Lyotard pedals, did come out beautiful and shiny.

I'm really happy with this one, and I think I'll be hanging onto it for a while!!

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5406.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5410.jpg

IMG_5411.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

Great to be born in '52, isn't it?
I saw that picture and thought that was you going to pick up the bike...using the sidecar, complete with marching band!
Shame we're so far apart...love to see your collection.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Great to be born in '52, isn't it?
I saw that picture and thought that was you going to pick up the bike...using the sidecar, complete with marching band!
Shame we're so far apart...love to see your collection.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I'm going to assume you're from California?...

I have lost countless nights sleep, wondering if you would ever find another fine bicycle. LOL.
That is a nice score.
It looks as if they bought it , rode it around the block then placed in storage for decades.

Back