When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motobike tank, Meade Ranger or B10e

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
750 shipped
Zipcode

oldmtrcyc

I live for the CABE
This tank is nearly NOS, original paint. I think it came off of a Meade ranger, about 1934, but I am not sure. It is exactly the same size as what is on my OP Schwinn B-10E. Brackets included. No screws. Ppff preferred

20210717_115220.jpg

Nice looking tank but looks a bit bigger than the Schwinn to me. GLWTS!
Wow, You are correct!!!! When I saw your response, my first instinct was that it was an optical illusion because I was holding the tank closer than the bike. I thought they were exact, but the schwinn tank is a little less than 1/4" shorter in height only. Length, width are EXACTLY the same. I am now wondering if this tank will still fit in a b10 frame, as the schwinn tank has some room between the top tubes. The angles are all the same as well.

Last edited:
That feeling of damn I finally found it and it is too nice for your bike.

Last edited:
Wondering if this is the 3rd style of the McCauley tanks rarely seen. #1 fits Big Tank 35 Shelby motos. #2 fits small tank,34/35 Shelbys with 3.5" head tube and this one may be the third style, or #3 that fits specifically the small tank/long headtube 34/5/6 Shelby motos and perhaps a few others?
My small tank compatible 34/5/6 Shelby example below with tight double bar spacing. I do not think these basic Shelby models came originally with a tank, but yours would fit exactly. The Mead above with a similar tank has different latches on the door than the McCauley

See for reference below link to 34/5 Shelby motos...

Last edited:
I just pulled the tank out of the orig paint B10e. The tanks are exact in every way except height. Same geometry, length, width. I tried to gently put the Mead tank in my B10e, but it would not go in without forcing it.

Back