When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Motorbike" questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dougfisk

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I've taken an interest in the old "Motorbike" style but I am too ignorant to act just yet. I see that they could be had with 28 in "standard" wheels & tires or 26 in balloon. Are the frames, forks and fenders different and specific to each wheel size?? I see a lot of ill-fitting fenders on actual bikes but not in old illustrations. Is this a mis-match of wheel to frame issue?

I don't think specific frames were made for 26" models my Zenith has spacers between the frame and fender
11408fuji088-1.jpg

11408fuji090-1.jpg

Here is a 1936ish snyder that judging by the fork came as a 26" bike. but has plenty of room in the frame for 28" wheels. I've been told the frame is the same for both versions it was a matter of which fork was spec'd that decided if it was a 26" or 28"

090810_1553-1.jpg

in the early 30s they made a transition to ballon. the frames still had a 28in fit and used spacers between the fenders and the frame for the new 26in wheel for a short while. they would still sell 28's with the new 26's then it was all 26 inchs after that. you can fit 26in rims on a 28in frame for the rat bike look.

Back