When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motorcycle and Bicycle Illutrated Magazine?

-

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Howdy folks, I've been trying to figure out what ever happened to the Motorcycle and Bicycle Illustrated Magazine? 1922 seems to be the last year, but I can't find any history of it? Does anyone know anything about it? It's a great source, when trying to find old motorcycle & bicycle shops. Thanks, Barry

Looks like they published it at least until 7-31-24. I have or had about a dozen of these along with 100's of other bicycle/motorcycle trade magazines from the 20's to the 90's. I don't really know much about them. They do bring good money on ebay but don't sell real quickly. Motorcycle collectors normally pay more for them than bicycle collectors. I am not sure if I still have any of this title.
motorcycle and bicycle illustrated 7-31-1924 (1).JPG

motorcycle and bicycle illustrated 7-31-1924 (2).JPG

motorcycle and bicycle illustrated 7-31-1924 (3).JPG

motorcycle and bicycle illustrated 7-31-1924 (4).JPG

Looks like they published it at least until 7-31-24. I have or had about a dozen of these along with 100's of other bicycle/motorcycle trade magazines from the 20's to the 90's. I don't really know much about them. They do bring good money on ebay but don't sell real quickly. Motorcycle collectors normally pay more for them than bicycle collectors. I am not sure if I still have any of this title.View attachment 864940

View attachment 864941

View attachment 864942

View attachment 864943
Cool, now I know at least they last until 1924. Wonder what happened after that? Thanks for the photos. Barry

Catalog Record: Motorcycle illustrated | Hathi Trust Digital Library
Enter the title of the article you want to read.
You can view the complete files with several options
with regards to viewing, enlarging and copying for future reference.

(sample)
View attachment 865021
Thanks man, I've been there many times. It's a cool resource.
I want to know who owns the rights for the magazine? I'd like to use a couple ads and stories in a book I'm working on. I need to know who to contact for permission to use the ads in the book. Thank you, barry

Thanks man, I've been there many times. It's a cool resource.
I want to know who owns the rights for the magazine? I'd like to use a couple ads and stories in a book I'm working on. I need to know who to contact for permission to use the ads in the book. Thank you, barry

Barry...
This is just a guess, but wouldn’t something that old be classified in the category of “public domain”
and available to everyone.
Have you considered texting the Library of Congress which has digital files of everything that has been published?
Perhaps they can point the way.
Good luck!

Last edited:
barry...
This is just a guess, but wouldn’t something that old be classified in the category of “public domain”
and available to everyone.
Have you considered texting the Library of Congress which has digital files of everything that has been published?
Perhaps they can point the way.
Good luck!
Great idea man. Thanks for the tip! Barry

Back