When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motorized klunker

-
I think something like this tank would look nice. It would be cool to go to a motorcycle salvage yard and look around for.... Who knows what. Gotta have some good brakes on something like this. Good luck! https://www.ebay.com/i/324022658799...yCt3pD0_Og7onRwpCkRq9mxxrbEW3onBoCSg8QAvD_BwE

s-l400.jpg

Modern free wheel with disc brake

There should be clearance for the chain and disc, I need to do some measuring.

No way, disc brake won’t fit

If you go with a rim brake on the back you could use the modern hub for a disc and bolt the motor's sprocket to it instead. Those kit motors come with a rag joint that I never thought was a good idea.

Another option is a hub clamping mount for the sprocket and that will work on a coaster hub. It's also useful for chain alignment in that you can move it horizontally to some extent. Something like this ....

Just make sure you buy the right dia for whatever hub you select.

Good luck on your project I'm sure it will turn out great.I have an old Hufy and planning on installing a motor on it. I'm looking at a four cycle, I've seen some two cycle I guess their ok except for the smoking.

Back