When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"MOULTON - Special" 1930's track bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

corbettclassics

I live for the CABE
I found this bike in all red - someone decided to spray can it several times. I decided to start sanding away to see what might be underneath all that red paint. I found MANY colors and finally down to the original script - "Moulton Special". Built by a guy in the San Diego area in the 1930's, these are quite rare today.

I decided to go white and and had some decals made up. Then I lug lined it and it turned out to be a nice bike. Has a pretty short wheelbase. Still needed some final pin striping after these pics.

Factory drilled out rear dropouts just like the early Durkopp's.

L1120950.JPG
1930MoultonSpecial04.jpg
L1020585.JPG
L1120680.JPG
L1120681.jpg
L1120677.JPG

Your bike and photos appear to belong to Classic Cycle on Bainbridge Island in Washington. Your location is listed as Southern California. Did you sell your bike to them?

http://classiccycleus.com/home/repair/museum-bikes-1945-to-1979/#

The photos (-ALL of them) are taken in my room etc.. I sold the bike to Jeff and he had it pin-striped and completed it with his own parts.

It looks as though Jeff used a couple of my photos that were taken in my back yard.

Last edited:
I have lots of photos of all his shops. I've been to 4 or 5 of his shops over the last 15 yrs or more. They are always displayed like a museum inside. Fun to visit if you ever get a chance. We have more fun at his house going through all the memorabilia though.

Back