When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mount Airy Bicycle Show

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ozzmonaut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sunday, October 28th at Sonic Drive-In and the new 15 Beans Coffee Shop at 697 West Independence Blvd. Mount Airy, NC Show takes place 11am-5pm. I'll be there earlier and later as always. Awards in the following categories: Balloon, Middleweight, Lightweight, Rat Rod, BMX, and Musclebikes. Free. Buy, Sell, Trade ... You know the deal. There might also be some live music and a couple of artists...you know, like paintings and stuff. Maybe, don't hold me to that. I'm just trying to get the community a little more involved. Tell as many people as you can and help this thing grow. Thanks

Sunday, October 28th at Sonic Drive-In and the new 15 Beans Coffee Shop at 697 West Independence Blvd. Mount Airy, NC Show takes place 11am-5pm. I'll be there earlier and later as always. Awards in the following categories: Balloon, Middleweight, Lightweight, Rat Rod, BMX, and Musclebikes. Free. Buy, Sell, Trade ... You know the deal. There might also be some live music and a couple of artists...you know, like paintings and stuff. Maybe, don't hold me to that. I'm just trying to get the community a little more involved. Tell as many people as you can and help this thing grow. Thanks
How old is this show,and how many venders (just a guess) are there.

This is the third year. There aren't really any vendors,at least not as I think of vendors. But there are usually a lot of bicycles and parts for sale by different people. I'd say 15-20 people selling a substantial amount of bikes and parts, and a few more people selling a few bikes and some odds and ends. Tony, Rich, Steve... any guesses from you guys or are my numbers fairly accurate? I'm going by past numbers and recent local events, but hopefully it's a little bigger this year. Also a lot of bikes showing and being ridden around. Definitely a good gathering of vintage stuff, late 1800's-1950's. Plus some custom stuff. I've always managed to find a lot of things to buy and usually sell most of what I bring to sell. Shameless plug: If anybody needs a late 50's Huffy Daisy Tandem in good rider shape, this is the show to attend:cool:

I plan on bringing some 60's middleweights to sell. Tanklights of course. Unless they sell before I get there. Still looking for a trailer to get before I attempt to load them all in the small truck I have.
64 mens FireArrow
65 mens Eldorado
67 girls Eldorado
63 mens AstroFlite (in resto mode)
Might bring my repainted Western Flyer Sabre Flyer. Still not put back together...might be reassembled with time permitting.

I'm looking forward to the show. Not sure if I should bring a bike for the awards "best of show".....hmmmm which one?

JD

Enter as many as possible and increase your chances. You could win not only a piece of paper stating your acheivement but a ribbon as well:p But there will be a few door prizes. I'm working on that situation right now, and tpender has already done some work to that extent.

I'm getting more local interest than previous years, so it looks good. Also a mellow rock band from Winston called Stave is apparently going to be playing. I listened to a few things online and I think they're good. Somebody else set that up though so if it falls through then it isn't my fault

Mount Airy

Eric:
Getting pumped for the show.:D
Will be bringing some bicycles to sell...(Haven't quite decided how many to bring yet but for sure there will be one for you JD with a "Tank Light" and the mid 1930's house painted Elgin I posted last week under Classic Balloon Tire Bicycle thread.
May have a couple of new ones as well for show and tell.:)
Let's hope the weather was like we had today. (77 deg and sunshine :cool: here in Greensboro) In addition, the mountains should be still close to full fall color.
I agree Eric...Should see at least 15-20 of us with bicycles and parts for sale and display.
See Y'all Sunday.
Steve K
Greensboro, NC

Last edited:
I too am looking forward to seeing everyone. I checked the weather and Sunday is going to be cluding with a thunderstorm possible. 62 is the projected high.

I have decided to let a number of my "Tanklights" go. But, am excited there will be another to possibly buy Steve.
Here is the list of some of what I'm bringing...I have to make some room. I really hate letting these go. Most are spares, so I can.
I plan on buying something too.
Also bringing a couple to enter in the show.

64 Columbia FireArrow / mens
60's W/Flyer Sabre Flyer / mens
60's Huffy Eldorado (gold) / mens
60's Huffy Eldorado / girls
60's Columbia / girls
60's Columbia Firebolt / girls
59 Schwinn Jaguar / mens

Frames with some parts
Murray Foremost (repainted) / mens
Murray Sonic Flite / ladies
Colson/ Evans / ladies
Seats / tanks / fenders, etc...

Eric, is the show outside / inside?
And why does it not start till 11am?
Can we get there early to set up?

Some of what I'm bringing

Attached are pics of some bicycles I plan to bring to the Mount Airy show to sell/trade.
Depending upon space...I might bring a few more.(Need to decide on what to take that I don't want to bring back home!!!)
1934 boys Elgin (beautiful white house paint; no badge; incorrect fenders and wheels)
1940's/early 1950's...I'm guessing, Shelby Eagle badged boys bicycle.(Painted red. skiptooth, rear facing dropouts w/incorrect kickstand, repair to bar by head tube)
1950's Monark General. Incorrect seat, handle bars...basic rat. repair to one of the bars comes with rust.
1960's Murray Meteor Flite...Lots of patina:)o) however seat looks great and lenses in tank are not cracked on tank.
Let's hope for a beautiful day!!!
Steve K
Greensboro, NC

Attachments

• 101312Pics 001.jpg
    101312Pics 001.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 101312Pics 003.jpg
    101312Pics 003.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 101312Pics 050.jpg
    101312Pics 050.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 101312Pics 051.jpg
    101312Pics 051.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 060212finds 020.jpg
    060212finds 020.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 060212finds 023.jpg
    060212finds 023.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 101312Pics 053.jpg
    101312Pics 053.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 101312Pics 054.jpg
    101312Pics 054.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 52
Steve there is potential for the Meteor Flite. I sold my this past summer. Hope you find a buyer for it. Got any other tanklights?

So I have been working on making a trailer bike rack and rear wheel brace. The following pic shows the almost completed product and yes these are some of the bikes Im selling. Still have room to haul four more in the truck bed.

u4e2udap-1.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
rytebuvy-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back