When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Move over Aerocycles and Huffy Death bike....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
...there's a new Sheriff in town🤯

There’s a cartel out here that shill bids the crap out of it, then they’ll sell it off line to one of their buddies for an undisclosed amount.
It’s like you have to get approval from the made men to get permission to buy one.
They control the market, while at the same time, hopefully unearth some fresh ones from the wild, by people that freak out when they see the prices that are being paid for them.
No harm in that, and more power to them.
And that isn’t to say, that this bike isn’t going to sell for big bucks.
Just don’t be surprised if the auction doesn’t run full term.
The reserve is probably set at $100,000 dollars, because the bike isn’t for sale to just any Joe Schmoe, with a fat wallet.
There’s definitely more going on behind the curtain than meets the eye.
Just sayin.🙄

That is madness. I mean, to each his own, and I'm probably just ignorant, but something like that seems to fall into the category of $100,000 pokemon cards or $10,000 Pop Funcko Doll. That's barely vintage even, and being a later model as far as bikes go, its a wonder someone dosen't build a fake of something like that, that is indistinguishable from an original, given as how its all modern parts and techniques used in its construction. But again, I am ignorant to something like that bike, BMX in general.

An exact replica was built by a local fabricator, a couple of years ago, that got the cartel all upset.
But, it’s creation had the exact opposite effect than anticipated.
The awareness of these bikes went up, as did the demand, so the prices being paid for the originals also went way up.
The reproduction sells for about $2,000 give or take, while an original is being bid on at $37,000 and counting.
I don’t think you could say that the creation of the reproduction hurt the market for these in any way.
And besides, the reproduction was a limited run, that was produced in smaller numbers than the originals were.

Still a great bike, and about $35,000 dollars cheaper.🤪

Back