When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Move over Aerocycles and Huffy Death bike....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Holly crap... I did not even see that the reserve had not been met. I bet the reserve is intentionally set high so it can be sold after the auction is over and the seller will save on ebay fees (10% of $70k is a lot of money)... Either that or the seller is a crazy man !

This has got to be a first for me... I have never seen a $70k bicycle until now.

Seller might be shooting himself in his foot. Probably some serious bids in there,, I would think at that price point credibility and trust comes into play. Or it's already found a new home. Stay tuned

yeah, that was a dud ending... No sniping at $68k

And I'm LMFAO over this whole auction. I wonder if the seller is the guy that bought Cook Bros. in 1983? He's a member here on the Cabe.

Last edited:
Maybe the Cooks folks are simply unaware of the finest and most beautiful bicycles ever produced on earth (1934-41 American Balloon) and once enlightened will pay hundreds of thousands for the best stuff ever made on 2 wheels, pedal power?

Kook Bros, copied the 1935 Schwinn Cycleplane frame.
Why do you think those bikes are so desirable?
It’s because they look cool.
No other 3 bar BMX is bringing that kind of attention.
It’s because they didn’t look like the 35 Cycleplane.
It’s amazing, how you can get a small group of people together to hype something up, and create a hysteria for it, and create a demand.
Bitcoin?

Marketing. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Personally, I'm too old to have ever experienced BMX, so don't "get it" and they look very plain to me. We tend to admire things we can relate to, remember, or are quite simply "eye candy". It's partly an age thing. Take the Bowden for example. You love 'em or hate 'em. I "get" muscle bikes as that's what I grew up with. They emulate hot rods and fast cars.

Early ( pre mid 30's balloon) diamond shaped frames put me to sleep. All of our Canadian bikes looked like that. BMX are cool in that they were raced and tricked and many were made to exotic specs and materials from what I gather. To me, more is more. To some, less is more. I'll take a bicycle that looks like a motorcycle or a space ship, or hot rod over any other design. That's my taste. I like top heavy gals, dagmars if you will, ( not big shoulders) curves, and shiny things, or an item that tells a story with aged beauty.

I commend people that can create a market that doesn't appeal to everyone, but reaps them huge money. Why not? Just because I'm not in that market, or it doesn't appeal to me isn't wrong. I just don't "get it", so make fun of it. All in good taste I hope. Some guys like big bumpers, wide fenders, some don't. Lets all rejoice"Viva la difference"!!

1951_Cadillac_(3626357577).jpg

2482737154_cc9759feaf_c.jpg

66F41144-BA33-4F60-A4EC-2E303E2E821F.jpeg

E3BD4881-A363-4B83-92E9-D2AF7E2FDC9B.jpeg

RCO001_1552021354.jpg

4145.JPG

P1010037 (1).JPG

b9f4b4283bb4af2c23058d6a7ff73384.jpg

deco gal.JPG

IMG_9717.jpeg

Last edited:
Back