When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie prop bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

wonder if the emblem had been fitted to replace one they did not wish to show when bicycle used as film prop...

it is common to obscure or change product labels when used as props

---

forum member @fat tire trader might be able to contribute to this thread as, IIRC, one of the revenue streams he gets from his collection is to rent out pieces as props for photography and film shoots

-----

Juvela, you have been so helpful with others please know that story only good for April 1st haha. i think the previous owner attached V-8 from a ford truck. They attracted me to the bike and I figure like most old bike leave it alone. I added the V chain guard to tie it together a little better.

I know of that bike. It was hand built in Italy by Enzo Ferrari. When it came to the states the V8 badge was placed to mock Enzo.

In the late 90's I bought a pair of Worksman Mover trikes at an auction, they both had huge turret type fixtures on the rear platform with a swivel seat that rotated around the pole. I was later told that they were used to film a movie where they weren't allowed to use motorized vehicles on some beach or boardwalk. The mount and seat on the back held a movie camera and cameraman, while another person pedaled the trike. Both sold to a film company who paid to ship them to where they were filming at the time in Maine. I later found out they were used to film a documentary that aired on PBS a couple of years later.
At the same auction where I bought the two trikes, I also bought the contents of two containers, which was the remaining set and wardrobe carts from a defunct soap opera, I sold off the clothes, and stripped the carts for the huge urethane casters, and used the plywood to build shelves in my garage. In that lot, I got one cycle truck and a Schwinn Heavy Duti.

Back