When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie Star! real robotic Spider from the hit film 'Runaway Robot'

-

Jeff54

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Prob a stretch in Bike forum, a Movie prop for $5,000 bucks, no less, but here's your shot at a Genuine Movie star. Pricewise, it is the lowest amount I'd been advised by Hollywood's largest movie prop dealer about 10 year ago. So, there's that as, it's likely higher today, IDK cause I haven't looked.

Images are high graphics so, may be a slow download.

Yet, a real movie star? I had 4 of these, 2 were not remote but operated via a odometer cable and two via battery operated model airplane type remote control.

This is the best, the most complete with the original remote control and likely the star of them all. It can actually walk plus, has the magnet attached where it's likely to have been the ultimate killer that crawled down the elevator's side screen and got Gene Simons in final scene. The movie spiders injected Acid into the neck but there is no needle in any of them, although a hole for a rod of some sort.

Yup, Gene Simons of Kiss, that Gene. So, if you're a Kiss fan,, this is a double hit, collectible. Personally I never was a Kiss fan however, when I saw this film in the 1980's, I was blown away by him. "WTF? that tongue freak guy can act!" Nor was I an, 'what's his name?' Magnum PI fan too, but lucky for him, Gene played a real good evil villain. I didn't even know, whenever I saw the movie, he was the kiss guy too. Or, I probably would have passed it up. . [grin]

So anyway, it is the best, most complete and capable of the 4 I owned yet, it does have a flaw. There is a hand made brass piece with 2 holes, connector which is broken. an easy, simple fix to just cut another out, from brass sheet metal and drill two holes. I always figured I'd do, but never did. (Photo with pen is pointing at it)

Everything of this is unique, from early robotics to the custom machined parts. I've heard that, Because the spiders were a big hit, there were some plastic spiders made in the 80's after the release, but this is the real deal.

$5,000 or if feeling lucky hit me up with a serious offer as I may conceder verses sending it back to Hollywood to a Prop dealer to sell, minus their cut.

It is of the coolest conversation pieces I've ever owned. "A real Movie star!", no exaggeration required. ;)

You'll receive all three remote controls too, one of them is probably keyed to it, and the original tape, albeit, the magnet on spider probably fried the tape deck whenever me wife thought that, setting the spider with BIG magnet attached at bottom, on top of that tape was good idear. [grin]

PM serious inquires only. Cash, PO money order, (cashiers checks OK but, will delay as, scam artists proved Cashier's checks can be forged and Banks take about 10 day before you know) , direct deposit or paypal friends OK, Spider will be sent Priority mail insured, after funds are cleared.Guarantied authentic otherwise, No refunds or 'change of mind' deals. tks

P1190049.JPG

P1190043.JPG

P1230053.JPG

P1230056.JPG

P1230057.JPG

P1230058.JPG

P1230059.JPG

P1230060.JPG

P1190043.JPG

73-Best-100-Robots-in-Film-RobotSpiders-Runaway.jpg

P1190052.JPG

Last edited: