When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray bike information

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

M McCormick

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello Everyone,
I found this bike in the storage room at my grandparents house. It used to belong to my dad, who repainted it red as a kid. There also are some missing parts. Can anyone help me date this bike and tell me what series or type it is? Thanks.

I can't seem to find a replacement light bezel that is black. I know it isn't painted but is this an original color?

I've only seen the bezels in chrome. It's very common for the chrome to wear off. Most likely the reason it's black now.

Might not be painted. Some of the Schwinn's S reflectors were black underneath the chrome. Could be from some sort of adhesion process for the chrome wrap.

I can't seem to find a replacement light bezel that is black. I know it isn't painted but is this an original color?

That headlight bezel has been painted, best of luck finding another one, it isn't as easy as it sounds, in my experience.
Finding one with good chrome left is even harder to do.

If you are interested though, I do have a dash for that tank, and the sprocket spinner, both are in fair condition, with standard chrome loss.

I agree with Archie, early 60's. I may be wrong, but you may be able to find some Sears Spaceliner, or J.C. Higgins Frightliner parts that would fit the bike. Murray supplied many of the Sears bicycles. And IIRC ve seen some repop dash's for sale on FleaBay. The old bike looks nice, and with a little work should make a great rider.

Back