When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray built Elgin curvy frame hot mess

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Jag wire shifter cable installed and adjusted.
Van's grips, yep.

39-41 Elgin frame, mystery fork and headset, 2015ish Huffy regatta wheelset with Shimano Nexus Inter3 coaster, spare saddle, jobsite fabricated seat post, 2019 Columbia repop 37 handlebar, old wald stem, Monark 52t chain ring, mystery crank, Odyssey triple trap pedals..

Aside from the tires,, which came with the frame, all I bought for this was the jag wire and grips, everything else came out of the spare parts in the barn and garage.

It is a comfortable rider, rolls smooth.

Been really busy for months, taking care of my bride as she healed up from a major surgery.

A few years ago, I sold my 1948 Monark Rocket hot mess, one of the terms of the sale was that I had first shot at buying it back. I started contacting the guy a couple months ago, finally a couple weeks ago he told me he has sold it, sorry. That bike started out as a broken frame and became an awesome rider.
View attachment 1588539

View attachment 1588540

So I wanted to build another 26" rider and this Elgin came up for sale. Due to the medical costs, I am going to just use what I have in the bike barn and garage to build it, hence hot mess.
View attachment 1588308

also got these tires in the deal, so that is where it is starting.
View attachment 1588310

I think I am going to pull the Lobdell wheelset off of my '78 Huffy cruiser and use them on this, then put a 3 speed coaster on my Huffy. Nope, not gonna happen.
View attachment 1588311

Anyway, had an hour to start today, got a crankset installed. It is a start.
Of course, as things happen to have a hitch, I do not have the lockwasher or locknut for this prewar Monark dogleg and probably will be using a straight leg crank. Ces't la vie

View attachment 1588312

View attachment 1588314

more to come...
Nice Elgin badge.. I just built up a 50's Rocket with the same stuff your using. Not quite done yet, but it's getting their.. Good luck with yours.. RideOnn.. Razin..

It's a rider. Shake down ride was good, nothing came apart.

I did order a set of Van's grips that will be here tomorrow.

Everything else will be like this for awhile most likely.

Probably paint it in the future.

View attachment 1589473

View attachment 1589474
What are those tires any way? I got Duro wide whites with Chrome rims on mine. Yours is looking good so far.. RideOnn.. Razin... P.s, Like the Primered look of your frame.. I'd leave it as is and just ride the Piss out of it..

Downunder they sell for equivalent of around USD $30 and they are definitely worth it. They look awesome and available in black and other colors. I have them
on my 39 4 gill below. One of the best and strongest 26” tires is the s&m speedball but they are more expensive. I have them on 3 of my bikes including my 53 r’master.

Downunder they sell for equivalent of around USD $30 and they are definitely worth it. They look awesome and available in black and other colors. I have them
on my 39 4 gill below. One of the best and strongest 26” tires is the s&m speedball but they are more expensive. I have them on 3 of my bikes including my 53 r’master.View attachment 1591793
View attachment 1591794

View attachment 1591795
Hey Ozzie, they do look pretty Sexy on your bikes.. I suppose $30.00 is reasonable enough.. Thanks and RideOnn... Razin..

Hey Ozzie, they do look pretty Sexy on your bikes.. I suppose $30.00 is reasonable enough.. Thanks and RideOnn... Razin..
Good luck finding them anywhere in the U.S. for 30 a piece.

About the only place you can find them right now is eBay.

1647895549365.png

1647895579739.png

Back