Murray Eliminator Find

This ad disappears when logged in

TieDye

I live for the CABE
Aug 24, 2015
Henderson, MI, United States
My hubby had one when he was a kid (he's 61 today) and his was purple. Cool bike!
Deb

rfeagleye

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 20, 2011
Medina, United States
Good find! It does look like an F-1 Murray Eliminator. The F-1 is for the F Series frame, single speed. Murray frames have serial numbers that will tell you which model they are, so if you find the serial number on the non-drive side rear dropout and post it, I think I can decode it for you.

Melli25

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 25, 2019
hutch kansas
Good find! It does look like an F-1 Murray Eliminator. The F-1 is for the F Series frame, single speed. Murray frames have serial numbers that will tell you which model they are, so if you find the serial number on the non-drive side rear dropout and post it, I think I can decode it for you.
43821A5E-1753-4105-ADB9-3306D5DA7515.jpeg

8A781CF9-DE8B-42F2-A860-37EA9C3C99C7.jpeg

rfeagleye

Oct 20, 2011
Medina, United States
I *think* because that one doesn't start with M and then a number, for a Murray badged bike, and doesn't start with WG, with would be a Hiawatha badged bike, that this may have been a JC Penney badged Murray Eliminator, possibly Swinger I. Someone will know more than I do and post it I'm sure.

What does the area where the head badge would have been look like? Is there a shadow from the badge there?

rfeagleye

Oct 20, 2011
Medina, United States
I looked at the bike pictures again, and the grips may give the badge of the bike away. Those look like the Penneys grips with the P on them, do they have that logo on the top?

Melli25

Look Ma, No Hands!
May 25, 2019
hutch kansas
I looked at the bike pictures again, and the grips may give the badge of the bike away. Those look like the Penneys grips with the P on them, do they have that logo on the top?
grips were kinda nasty sticky but had that P!!!!

So penny’s bike? Maybe?

Tom Hand

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jun 23, 2019
KC, MO
Here is one similar I cleaned up and restored back when I was helping the local bike charity. It was an Otasco-sold version. Can't recall where it went but we sold it on Ebay for a very fair price.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture