When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Eliminator Find

-

Melli25

Look Ma, No Hands!
Not sure what this thing was worth but I made a trip to get another bike and ended up getting this one also. Looks like a Eliminator . Needs tubes to ride but in okay shape for its age.

924E0B2A-BAC3-4DEE-9D68-B3153A760828.jpeg

E49F3A2F-97BA-41A9-A53D-227AD685353B.jpeg

Good find! It does look like an F-1 Murray Eliminator. The F-1 is for the F Series frame, single speed. Murray frames have serial numbers that will tell you which model they are, so if you find the serial number on the non-drive side rear dropout and post it, I think I can decode it for you.

Good find! It does look like an F-1 Murray Eliminator. The F-1 is for the F Series frame, single speed. Murray frames have serial numbers that will tell you which model they are, so if you find the serial number on the non-drive side rear dropout and post it, I think I can decode it for you.

43821A5E-1753-4105-ADB9-3306D5DA7515.jpeg

8A781CF9-DE8B-42F2-A860-37EA9C3C99C7.jpeg

I *think* because that one doesn't start with M and then a number, for a Murray badged bike, and doesn't start with WG, with would be a Hiawatha badged bike, that this may have been a JC Penney badged Murray Eliminator, possibly Swinger I. Someone will know more than I do and post it I'm sure.

What does the area where the head badge would have been look like? Is there a shadow from the badge there?

I looked at the bike pictures again, and the grips may give the badge of the bike away. Those look like the Penneys grips with the P on them, do they have that logo on the top?

Back