When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Eliminator Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I looked at the bike pictures again, and the grips may give the badge of the bike away. Those look like the Penneys grips with the P on them, do they have that logo on the top?

grips were kinda nasty sticky but had that P!!!!

So penny’s bike? Maybe?

highdefotasco6102.jpg

Here is one similar I cleaned up and restored back when I was helping the local bike charity. It was an Otasco-sold version. Can't recall where it went but we sold it on Ebay for a very fair price.

Good find! It does look like an F-1 Murray Eliminator. The F-1 is for the F Series frame, single speed. Murray frames have serial numbers that will tell you which model they are, so if you find the serial number on the non-drive side rear dropout and post it, I think I can decode it for you.

Need help decoding serial number on this Eliminator, I just bought , it’s in rough condition, but I would like to bring it back to life. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

D1F460D3-9559-46B3-98F0-4AA6FCBF4C9E.jpeg

735F972E-43EE-4860-A609-16EC84E6966B.jpeg

3FCD8C94-FF2F-4826-AB4A-5B751D024BED.jpeg

The 5280 number is the model, that is the model number for a 5-Speed Eliminator. X71 is the designation for a special model.

I can't make out the year, but the number after the M would be the year. Hope that helps!

Gasp, I my have more images of the Cyclone III posted above and if so, I'd be glad to share them so you can see more details on what these looked like when new. Might the bit to find them in old discs but I will look for you.

The 5280 number is the model, that is the model number for a 5-Speed Eliminator. X71 is the designation for a special model.

I can't make out the year, but the number after the M would be the year. Hope that helps!
Thank you , really appreciate it

Back