When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Eliminator Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Melli25

Look Ma, No Hands!
Not sure what this thing was worth but I made a trip to get another bike and ended up getting this one also. Looks like a Eliminator . Needs tubes to ride but in okay shape for its age.

924E0B2A-BAC3-4DEE-9D68-B3153A760828.jpeg

E49F3A2F-97BA-41A9-A53D-227AD685353B.jpeg

Good find! It does look like an F-1 Murray Eliminator. The F-1 is for the F Series frame, single speed. Murray frames have serial numbers that will tell you which model they are, so if you find the serial number on the non-drive side rear dropout and post it, I think I can decode it for you.

Good find! It does look like an F-1 Murray Eliminator. The F-1 is for the F Series frame, single speed. Murray frames have serial numbers that will tell you which model they are, so if you find the serial number on the non-drive side rear dropout and post it, I think I can decode it for you.

43821A5E-1753-4105-ADB9-3306D5DA7515.jpeg

8A781CF9-DE8B-42F2-A860-37EA9C3C99C7.jpeg

I *think* because that one doesn't start with M and then a number, for a Murray badged bike, and doesn't start with WG, with would be a Hiawatha badged bike, that this may have been a JC Penney badged Murray Eliminator, possibly Swinger I. Someone will know more than I do and post it I'm sure.

What does the area where the head badge would have been look like? Is there a shadow from the badge there?

I looked at the bike pictures again, and the grips may give the badge of the bike away. Those look like the Penneys grips with the P on them, do they have that logo on the top?

Back