When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray fire chief tricycle from 1960s restoration step by step

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Its your trike but a shame to see a nice orignal paint trike restored. I would have got some grips wiped it down and called it a day. Good luck with your restoration. V/r Shawn
I apreciate your opinion, but in my case the trike looks ok but have a lot of rust hiden all over the non visible parts, and I decided to do the restoration.

ball bearings clean and reassembled

IMG_20201023_172750.jpg

IMG_20201023_173017.jpg

IMG_20201023_173021_1.jpg

IMG_20201023_173120.jpg

IMG_20201023_173516.jpg

IMG_20201022_190914.jpg

IMG_20201023_180554.jpg

When I was growing up in the 1950s and '60s a neighbor girl had one of these Murray Fire Chief tricycles. Hers was the 16" size but otherwise identical. I still remember her riding it around and ringing the bell. Surprisingly, I even remember her name - Wendy.

Beautiful job on your Murray tricycle. Good for another generation of children to enjoy. :)

Dave

When I was growing up in the 1950s and '60s a neighbor girl had one of these Murray Fire Chief tricycles. Hers was the 16" size but otherwise identical. I still remember her riding it around and ringing the bell. Surprisingly, I even remember her name - Wendy.

Beautiful job on your Murray tricycle. Good for another generation of children to enjoy. :)

Dave
Thanks for your words. Time to find a new project

Back