When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Fork Assembly

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SamG

Finally riding a big boys bike
I know I’ve been posting a lot of questions about this bike since bringing it home the other day, but…. It is now disassembled so these are the best pictures I have. But the fork assembly has what appears to be a suspension (the chrome rods extending from the head tube zig zagging to the axil). I’m no engineer but if this is in fact a suspension, I’m not understanding the function. I see where it attaches to the head tube reminiscent of a leaf spring action of sorts, but the forks are rigid to the axil. I see no rocker or pivot point to otherwise allow for travel. Is this a “mock” suspension for aesthetics? Or am I missing something? Is there some flexibility somewhere in the assembly to absorb shock???

40C9CF9F-6294-48C0-B9E4-AE8CB06E7732.jpeg

4EB643BE-0BAF-42A2-95DB-9286A32024C4.jpeg

Probably more for show than strength;
I believe that a space bike may look nicer with than without.

Last edited:
I would guess Your bike is a 60s Murray....and they did have a spring fork during that time period......but the set up on Your bike is just for looks and that is all....I would think that it also would have had a chrome fork cap.....but it is missing?.....

There was no chrome fork cap nor what appears that should be a cover at the front of the tank that wraps the head tube.

Back