When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Fork Assembly

-

SamG

Finally riding a big boys bike
I know I’ve been posting a lot of questions about this bike since bringing it home the other day, but…. It is now disassembled so these are the best pictures I have. But the fork assembly has what appears to be a suspension (the chrome rods extending from the head tube zig zagging to the axil). I’m no engineer but if this is in fact a suspension, I’m not understanding the function. I see where it attaches to the head tube reminiscent of a leaf spring action of sorts, but the forks are rigid to the axil. I see no rocker or pivot point to otherwise allow for travel. Is this a “mock” suspension for aesthetics? Or am I missing something? Is there some flexibility somewhere in the assembly to absorb shock???

40C9CF9F-6294-48C0-B9E4-AE8CB06E7732.jpeg

4EB643BE-0BAF-42A2-95DB-9286A32024C4.jpeg

Probably more for show than strength;
I believe that a space bike may look nicer with than without.

Last edited:
I would guess Your bike is a 60s Murray....and they did have a spring fork during that time period......but the set up on Your bike is just for looks and that is all....I would think that it also would have had a chrome fork cap.....but it is missing?.....

There was no chrome fork cap nor what appears that should be a cover at the front of the tank that wraps the head tube.

Back