When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Identification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Perusing images on Google of Murray "Space" bikes, I'm think that I've narrowed it down to a Murray Meteor Flite. If I'm correct, the bike you pictured is missing its tank, rear rack, and front truss bars (the clamp for the truss bars is at the base of the head tube.) It's a bike that Murray of Ohio sold under it's own name. The biggest clues for me were the truss rod clamp and the decal on the fork.
vintage-antique-murray-meteor-flight-bicycle_1_7940559369701a44f293fcbae5b61317.jpg

Perusing images on Google of Murray "Space" bikes, I'm think that I've narrowed it down to a Murray Meteor Flite. If I'm correct, the bike you pictured is missing its tank, rear rack, and front truss bars (the clamp for the truss bars is at the base of the head tube.) It's a bike that Murray of Ohio sold under it's own name. The biggest clues for me were the truss rod clamp and the decal on the fork.View attachment 1286525
Don't think that's the right frame.... looks like a regular cantilever frame. Mine is the double cantilever (Spaceliner style) frame. From what I've seen it's either an
Astroflite, Solarflite or Stratoflite. just haven't seen catalog pics of all 3 to compare.

I also didn't pick up on your bike's chromed chain guard. How about this one. From a February post here on the CABE, from a guy looking for a chain guard decal for his 63 Murray Strato Flite

1963 Murray pg6.jpg

That could be, mine must be a different year. The color listed in that ad is Red, mine is Black with a red Troxel seat...

It most likely could be a Murray Solar Flite, of course it could also be an Otasco Flying O Lancer, Murray badged bicycles for a lot of stores.

This was my 63' Lancer.

Back