When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Mercury Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bmaine

On Training Wheels
I have a Murray Mercury tricycle that has been in my family. My grandfather bought it decades ago. Can anyone help me identify what year it might be, and it’s general condition, rarity, etc? I cannot seem to find comparable pictures on the internet.

1EAD34DD-4E98-4EC1-B7FB-2A6AEB632EB4.jpeg

971D8116-F1A8-443E-AB99-EE93122B9CC5.jpeg

A629187E-9244-42F4-B8CC-76FFF76E1C0B.jpeg

A20DD823-51A4-4E35-AF2E-5D8634573FAC.jpeg

This model of a Murray Mercury tricycle isn't that rare as far as vintage tricycles go. I believe this one was made somewhere mid/late 1940s to early 1950s with the streamline shaped rubber top saddle. Your Mercury is in very good original condition IMO and was obviously well cared for. From what I can tell from the photos, it looks like at least the handle bar was repainted (and grips replaced) at some point because you can see spots where the original white paint had chipped off. Here's another one that sold at auction for $100 back in 2018 with original grips, though your trike appears to be in overall nicer condition:

MercuryTrike1.JPG

Last edited:
Back