When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Monterey

-
I have an earlier Monterey and it is my favorite daily rider because of its good looks and lighter-weight tubing. I built a light-weight springer front fork, ditched the fenders and added an aluminum wheelset with 3-speed coaster brake. Cable for twist-grip shifter is routed through the right-side cantilever tube, emerging out the lower seat stay, just above the shifter mechanism on the hub.

i have a murray 2 speed with hub metallic blue serial number MO25020-52 id like to know more about this bike like the year it was made and thing else interesting about this bike

Note, since my post 9 years ago, I found out that the Lightning tires were made from the original molds, so not a repop! Also, the Monterey name was also used on a 3 speed lightweight until the mid '70s. The retro cruiser came out in '77 or '78.

Back