When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray or Westfield?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bikes62557

Look Ma, No Hands!
I came across a small batch of photos of a Blue Promo "Miss America" Elgin (only one headlight on front fender). I have lost the photo of the complete bike but all these pics are from this bike. My question is: from the Model Number Decal could this be Westfield Manufactured (501)?
Also see photos of Yellow M/A rack with Model Number Decal in same location (to bad it can't be read), and photo of M/A rack (with YoYo on top) of the same type with the rear fender section spliced (welded) at an angle. See pic of Red housings. That is the only one I have ever seen this way and it makes me wonder if both Murray and Westfield may have made the "Miss America"!

1940 Elgin Miss America decal.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America ELG.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America FrntFndrTip.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America FrntFrndrRt.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America GIN.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America Headlight.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America RearFndrTip.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America RrBrace.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America Saddle.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America Tail.jpg

1940 Elgin Miss America TailLite.jpg

Yellow-Decal.jpg

C01308.jpg

Ca0724.jpg

Searching the CABE I think I have found part of my question! The Model # Decal on Blue carrier probably reads 501-146 (Westfield) and is found in Sears Parts List of December 8, 1939, see attached that I found on the CABE (everything is here if you look hard enough). Now I am looking for any Sears Parts List that show 1940-1941 Miss Americas (I know they are not listed as such but the full "Skirt, chain & rear guard assembly" will be very recognizable. Can anyone help here? Thanks

img172m.jpg

Back