When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray serial number project.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
okay, im new here :cool: and i just picked up a jet fire x64 womans bike for my fiancee. ive read this thing a hundred times and dont see my serial number.

MOY 21X64 169596

any help?

ill post a picture tomorrow when its light out.

How do you decipher the serial numbers? I bought my mom a western flyer two weeks ago, and it's got two number sets on the headset too. Could it be a murray built?

It's certainly possible it's also by Murray, but pics are definitive. As far as deciphering, it's a long process that starts with a general guess. that's how this thread originated, the early letter codes weren't known, so they made this thread with ballpark figures. Now, years later, we have a list, from a Western Auto parts manual, which has the actual murray codes from 1937-59. The 60s codes were easier for them to figure out, since there's still a lot of original ads and literature out there. Somewhere in the mid 70s, Murray started putting a decal on the seat tube, just above the crankset. It has a month/year date on it.

Thank you!

It's certainly possible it's also by Murray, but pics are definitive. As far as deciphering, it's a long process that starts with a general guess. that's how this thread originated, the early letter codes weren't known, so they made this thread with ballpark figures. Now, years later, we have a list, from a Western Auto parts manual, which has the actual murray codes from 1937-59. The 60s codes were easier for them to figure out, since there's still a lot of original ads and literature out there. Somewhere in the mid 70s, Murray started putting a decal on the seat tube, just above the crankset. It has a month/year date on it.

Now I know where to take the nasty paint off my bike and hers! Thank you!

Hiawatha frame

Hi
I've looked "high and low" for forum like this. I'm hopeful for any replies. I have an old Hiawatha bike in parts and came across these numbers on the crank bracket "H33367" Which leads me to think it's a '51? However, the fork badge "metal Hiawatha insignia) may not be OEM to the frame, as it has "15 WG6 24 1036". Hmm? Any thoughts?
Happy New Year to all... from the new old guy!

Attachments

• Hiawatha frame (1).jpg
    Hiawatha frame (1).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 255
Hi
I've looked "high and low" for forum like this. I'm hopeful for any replies. I have an old Hiawatha bike in parts and came across these numbers on the crank bracket "H33367" Which leads me to think it's a '51? However, the fork badge "metal Hiawatha insignia) may not be OEM to the frame, as it has "15 WG6 24 1036". Hmm? Any thoughts?
Happy New Year to all... from the new old guy!

I think that's a Cleveland Welding Co frame, and they did build Hiawathas for Gamble's Dept. stores. Check closely, at the end of the H33367. There may be a CWC stamp, with a capital C, with a small w inside. If it's indeed a '51, it'd be stamped "51 Cw", same with each successive year through 1956. Yours could also be an early postwar frame, without any stamp, or part of the 'Cw' and 'ACw' series prior to 1951.

Western Flyer built by Murray long tiny code

I got this on an ebay listing. The code is Mo 2027-67p0030319. Can someone please help me decode it?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is? I know its roughly a late 50s or early 60s Sears JC Higgins made by Murray. It has a license sticker on it dated 1962.

The number on the left rear dropout is 502 - 46561

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_20140306_172053_766.jpg
    IMG_20140306_172053_766.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 281
Can anyone tell me what this is? I know its roughly a late 50s or early 60s Sears JC Higgins made by Murray. It has a license sticker on it dated 1962.

The number on the left rear dropout is 502 - 46561

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

Many pictures of the sticker?

Okay, after looking at the catalog pages for the 60 and 62 from sears your number falls between the serial numbers in those publications. Therefore, in my uneducated opinion I do believe you have a 62. Congratulations! It's a boy!

Back