Murray serial number project.

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Duxrule

On Training Wheels
May 17, 2020
Castle Rock WA
I just got hold of his-n-hers Western Flyer 5-speeds; I'm pretty sure that they're early-70's Murrays. Can these be deciphered?
IMG_1596[1].JPG

IMG_1593[1].JPG

TammyKirksey

On Training Wheels
May 26, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
I just bought a Murray AMC VIII bike blue in color with this serial number stamped on the bracket:
MOW 41X88 105218
Trying to identify the type of bike and when it was made-it is a Birthday gift for my 25 year daughter next week.
I would also like advice on replacing the batteries in the lights-no idea how they come out or in-the pics are really bad because the bike is hidden so my daughter cannot see it-it is a surprise-I can try and wheel it out later for better photos but see what you can do with this- it's start

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:

Rivnut

I live for the CABE
Nov 24, 2012
Shawnee, United States

Your AMC tank is just like my Hiawatha tank. The tank halves are hinged at the back with a rivet. The "U" shaped piece on the back holds it in place against a bar between the two frame rails. The front is held in place by the head light bezel. Once the headlight bezel has been removed, the two halves can be pryed apart giving you access to the battery box.

Reaize that AMC was a conglomerate that bought en masse and sold bikes under the AMC name through Mom and Pop hardware stores in towns that didn't have big box stores like Sears, Pennys, Gambles, etc. You won't find a code for AMC. (I have an AMC Caravan.) Hopefully one of the aficianodos can help you with the date.

Last edited:
This ad goes away when you register for an account!