When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray serial number project.

-
@MrCrazyHair Google ‘Murray Serial Number Project’. It will link you to that thread here on the CABE. The X numbers are in a list at the very bottom of post #3. I cannot copy and paste with this iPad or I’d post the link for you. Good luck. Keep us updated.

@MrCrazyHair Google ‘Murray Serial Number Project’. It will link you to that thread here on the CABE. The X numbers are in a list at the very bottom of post #3. I cannot copy and paste with this iPad or I’d post the link for you. Good luck. Keep us updated.
Oh ok ill check it out thanks. Just thought it was the list on the first page.

Post #3 is on the first page of the thread. There are three lists on that particular post. The one you’re looking for is the last one.
Yeah in that one it says x28=? But I think deeper into the thread I found it mean Jordan Marsh. Just cant seem to find many other details about the bikes themselves. Only bike pics from them I've found are in 1965 JM catalog. I need the 1964 Marsh pages and the 1966 Marsh pages. Haven't been able to find them or any sales exchanges on Jordan marsh bikes in that era or any condition. Just know the year, names and who sold it. Dont really know at all what im doing with these bikes. Just picked up the hobby again recently
Here are a couple of pictures. Contact me via PM if you have any interest in the tank.

View attachment 1469428

View attachment 1469429

View attachment 1469431

Thanks,
Ed
Oh Ed I somehow completely missed this post of the pics. Sorry about that. Thanks for sending them over. I think the tank style is a bit different. It seems to push out further in the front on this image from the 65 JM catalog. I think its basically the girls tank to the Astro Flite. The other males bike on this page has the same tank as the AF. Thanks for taking the time my friend. Greatly appreciated.
1630809424322.png

1630809636918.png

My tank is an earlier model than the “forward thrust” models like yours. I typoed the post numbe in my previous post but I think you figured that out. until you mentioned it, I had never heard of Jordon Marsh bicycles. Good luck on your search.

My tank is an earlier model than the “forward thrust” models like yours. I typoed the post numbe in my previous post but I think you figured that out. until you mentioned it, I had never heard of Jordon Marsh bicycles. Good luck on your search.
That's why I was thinking these bikes would be I guess a bit more rare? Its also just odd that I too haven't ever heard of jordan marsh at all let alone a bike line. The most interesting thing is I've somehow in the 3 weeks ive started getting back into bikes, I end up with 2 different jordan marsh bikes. This other 1966 20" boys Jordan Marsh Fleetwing Mercury is just as much of a mystery. No other pics or details to find avail online what so ever. They do both have a Troxel seat as a silver lining. Also looking at this older schwinn. May go pick it up tomorrow but waiting on serial number so I can size it up and date it. What do you think about it? Got the number and it dates to 02/09/1951. Still trying to figure out what model it is.
1630814135914.png

1630814478460.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JLF
Looks like an early to mid 50s Starlet. When you look at it, you’ll either see balloon tires on S2 rims or middleweight tires on S7 rims. I have a 55 ladies hornet and a 57 Starlet. The look just alike except for the differences between a ballooner and a middleweight, which is nil.

I’m going to revise my guess. 52 - 54 Hornet. If I’m right, I’ll tell you why I changed my mind, if I’m wrong, I’ll just admit it.

Just bought this Hiawatha. I was told it's a 39 but not quite sure. The first pic is of the serial number. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to know the model also so I can try to get the correct fender and color for it .

received_556005848845629.jpeg

Screenshot_20211008-192102_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-192049_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-192055_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211008-192036_Facebook.jpg

Back