When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray serial number project.

-
HI - how about this bike. 26 inch - double top and bottom bars.

Vin numbers on the left rear dropout.

502 46602 472777

Sears.....something??? flightliner maybe??? 59-64???

Thanks for any and all info...

1-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4660 is the catalog # for a 1962 standard Flightliner, single speed, flamboyant red, with a tank and rear rack. The deluxe version had a chrome frame and front truss rods attached to the fork. According to the ad illustrations, the Deluxe said 'Flightliner' on the chainguard, the standard had 'JC Higgins'.

I have a strato flyer and the numbers are 502 469 100 734 176 no letters at all.

Can you tell me something about it? The CABE is wonderful. First post.

I have a strato flyer and the numbers are 502 469 100 734 176 no letters at all.

Can you tell me something about it? The CABE is wonderful. First post.

No letters? Interesting... Maybe Kenny can weigh in on that. 502 is normally a code for Sears, but the Strato Flyer was a Murray badged model I think, or else Western Flyer. A pic would help!

I will get you a picture when I figure out how to do that. I had to get a new computer to get on this board. My old one was too screwed up to work.

It's supposed to be western flyer. It has a totally chromed frame.

I just got this bike today. A Murray Monterey. According to your list it would be a 52. The full serial is M26440..308788. Note that the number 2 is not in line with the other numbers. It's located next to the emblem sticker up front. Am I correct with my date?
If its right it would give me a better idea for my other bikes years.

P1010057-1.jpg

I just got this bike today. A Murray Monterey. According to your list it would be a 52. The full serial is M26440..308788. Note that the number 2 is not in line with the other numbers. It's located next to the emblem sticker up front. Am I correct with my date?
If its right it would give me a better idea for my other bikes years.

P1010057-1.jpg

Yours is a 70s bike, the BMA/6 sticker dates it to 71 or later, and the Monterey name was used on this touring style bike until 76 at the latest. Around 78 they used it on their cruiser model up into the 90s.

I have a Murray Monterey Bike with the serial# MO3 005032.I would like to know how old this bike is?The serial# was on the throat of the bike where the handlebars fit into.

Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.php

can someone help with what I'm seeing here?

I had bought a "murray space flite" but the serial number isnt adding up to anything I've seen in this thread... maybe I missed something?

Last edited:
Please help me with serial.

I just picked up a vintage Murray Space Flite. The serial is MOTX P20 11468. What year is this? 58, 62??
Thanks for any help.

Back