When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray serial number project.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
hi there, im new to the forums, and really im here to identify my bike that ive had since i was 8. im currently working on restoring it because as an 8 year old i took horrible care of it, and the house paint my grandfather used on it was really crappy lol.

the serial is stamped on the front tube where the forks attatch and is : mo5 067225N5863873 it is kind of hard to tell if it is an N or another letter in the serial as it is partly filled with paint and seems to be poorly stamped...but only on that letter.

any help would be appreciated. i first thought it was a 70 schwinn until i found the serial number, and realized that it was not only in the wrong place, but way too many characters. i will post pics when i have it painted and road worthy. both of my fenders are beat up and rusted to holy hell so there is lots of sanding and hammering to get them close to the original shape...not perfect, just better.

ok well, i believe i have identified it as a 65 murray missile standard 26" . i base this on the mo5 at the beginning ( 1965 according to the first post) and the pictures and options described in the 1965 catalog scan i found online. confirmation would be lovely though so i know what i really have. while stripping the old house paint off of it i found the old pinstripes on the fenders which matched the pictures in the catalog, and i also found that the original paint was red ( assuming it was the scarlet red) which would also suggest that its the missile standard. one thing that worries me though is that there are no serial markings under the crank, and almost every old murray ive seen has the serial under the crank.

atm the bike is almost stripped and i have the front fender primed and waiting for paint.

Murray Built Hiawatha

Here is my M.O.M C. Gambles Hiawatha , the serial # on it is WG24 607 6669-2 , and is located on the head tube . it has bendix 70 rear hub , ck pics ........... This bike was never rode and is all original , i am thinking it is a 70 or newer but have no clue , if anyone out there have any idea let me know . Hope this helps on serial # project !
Thanks , Lee

Attachments

• P083111_1924.jpg
    P083111_1924.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 638
  • P090211_1811.jpg
    P090211_1811.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 640
  • P083111_1910.jpg
    P083111_1910.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 607
  • P083111_1900.jpg
    P083111_1900.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
Here is my M.O.M C. Gambles Hiawatha , the serial # on it is WG24 607 6669-2 , and is located on the head tube . it has bendix 70 rear hub , ck pics ........... This bike was never rode and is all original , i am thinking it is a 70 or newer but have no clue , if anyone out there have any idea let me know . Hope this helps on serial # project !
Thanks , Lee

That BMA/6 sticker would make it a 71 or later.

I think I have atleast figured out the 80's & 90's Murray bikes atleast if you still have the stickers on them, I know my 86 monterey is from 1986 since they put the year on the headbadge but it has weird different set of numbers on the headtube & other places MO6 005020 on the right side headtube, on the left N7753915, seatube has a 1 on the right and under the bottom bracket has 1R then a G further away from those two.

I also think that in the 90's atleast the last two numbers 94 on the sticker at the bottom bracket is the year which is also the last two numbers on the Wald stem are also 94 so if it's true then those that find a Murray that you think is from the 90's you should check those areas for the year and the last two on my Murray Santa Cruz bottom bracket sticker is 96 so it maybe 1996.

The first is my Spaceliner Klunker bike that originally had the 7 shaped tank, I have another but it's buried under a bunch of other stuff to look at it, I lost the paper that had the serial number so I will have to look later for it but it was the first tank design.

502 469431 27985

Can some one please help me I found now that I figured it out a murray frame. When sanding it down could see chain guard was red n white im pretty sure it said sonic flyer I've been searchin for the year for a while now the number on the bottom of crank read MOS 38. Then above 9 2984 8 if any one can help me ide appreciate It

Two Murray Lemans - one women's and one man's

My daughter bought a house and when I went to put in more insulation in the garage attic, I discovered two Murray bikes- one a man's (boy's) and one a woman's (girl's). Both are skinney tired LeMans models. The serial numbers are M36140-102874 (boy's) and M36511-691394 (girl's). Both bikes have original paint, chrome is very good, seats etc. Every thing is original. There is some patina from previous use- wear spots, scrapes but very minimal. I carefully took each bike apart and cleaned all parts re-gresed the bearings etc. The bikes have original tires and tubes. The tubes do leak and I need to replace them. The tires look good. The bikes are not perfect but were a very easy restoration- a couple of hours each.

The house was built in 1966 and the bikes were put in the attic of the garage probably from to late 70's. The bikes both have BMA/6 labels. That dates them to the early to mid 70's. I suspect the bikes were put in the attic and forgotten as several owners lived in the house prior to my daughter purchasing it.

Does anyone know the year of manufacture? Maybe my information will help complete your serial number information.

so, I'm looking at this thread, and I'm still not figuring out how these serials work. I have what I believe is a 1949-1957 Murray Fleet Line.
here is a photo of the bike and the serial I hope someone can help out.
_28KGrHqR2C21hQE3uq282Bn4oBOOHd-HQCw7E7E0_3.JPG

P1030613.JPG

Scott I know you got one ofthese date books from ABC.
MOS plus serial should be a black / red boys 26"cruiser in 1953. The girls was blue / white.

Scott I know you got one ofthese date books from ABC.
MOS plus serial should be a black / red boys 26"cruiser in 1953. The girls was blue / white.
Doh! I completely forgot the ABC book!
now I feel kinda stupid.:o
Thank you jd56

Back