When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray serial number project.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Murray-Ohio Bicycle (WF) numbers begin with the following letters:

YEAR
1937 M-O-B Plus Serial Number
1938 M-O-C Plus Serial Number
1939 M-O-D Plus Serial Number
1940 M-O-E Plus Serial Number
1941 M-O-F Plus Serial Number
1942 M-O-G Plus Serial Number
1943 M-O-H Plus Serial Number
1944 M-O-I Plus Serial Number
1945 M-O-J Plus Serial Number
1946 M-O-K Plus Serial Number
1947 M-O-L Plus Serial Number
1948 M-O-M Plus Serial Number
1949 M-O-N Plus Serial Number
1950 M-O-P Plus Serial Number
1951 M-O-Q Plus Serial Number
1952 M-O-R Plus Serial Number
1953 M-O-S Plus Serial Number My bike is MOS 2053
1954 M-O-T Plus Serial Number
1955 M-O-U Plus Serial Number
1956 M-O-V Plus Serial Number or M-O-T-V
1957 M-O-T-W Plus Serial Number
1958 M-O-T-X Plus Serial Number
1959 M-O-R Plus Serial Number

Monark /Huffy Bike mystery ???

If i am right, my Monark Skyliner Silver King serial number M1301 70010 could be a 56 Huffy merg with Monark bike after 54 the middleweight bikes were mixed the give away was the white wald pedals, now on bike not in pics, which are on many Huffy bikes. The numbers are real hard to see. We have asked many people and this may be the answer, anybody know
skyliner16-1.jpg
for sure Big Thanks MB

Last edited:
Brad, from all I've read, including some period bike mags, Huffy bought Monark in late 1957. Originally I believe Huffy was going to build Monarks for the west coast market. But, from the bikes I've seen, they gradually used up the leftover monark stock, and by 1960 or so, they were just rebadged Huffys. Same thing AMF did after buying Shelby. I don't think they used the Silver King name after 62, or Monark, except for some banana seat bikes in the later 60s. Yours looks all Monark to me, great looking ride! Also, there's no relation between Murray and Huffy/Monark.

Westport ID

i just acquired a Westport. Forgive me if I am in the wrong forum to ID it.
The number on the front downtube is
MOSO195735

No spaces or dashes.

1360255126857.jpg
1360255053401.jpg

I read above MOS may be 1953, but I don't think this bike is that old.
Also a sticker above the crank saying Lawrensburg, TN with number 7-5032-050997

JohnS

That is a mid-late 90's Murray bike but looks like someone left it outside for a long time.

Looks like it has its Wald stem so it will have the year on it also I see the numbers you gave on the decal above the bottom bracket the last two numbers shows it as a 1997 bike.

To be extra sure the Wald Stem example is F278 94 with the last two stands for 1994 on my bike.

Last edited:
I've been trying and trying to ID this SEARS frame.
Head Tube Sticker SEARS ROEBUCK AND CO. serial on headtube: HC0296496 Bottom Bracket: 507-476950

Is this a Murray??

tumblr_ml1o8tCgWE1rshav8o1_1280-1.jpg

tumblr_ml1o8tCgWE1rshav8o6_1280-1.jpg

tumblr_ml1o8tCgWE1rshav8o9_1280-1.jpg

thanks!

I've been trying and trying to ID this SEARS frame.
Head Tube Sticker SEARS ROEBUCK AND CO. serial on headtube: HC0296496 Bottom Bracket: 507-476950

Is this a Murray??

thanks!

The H serial and bolt to the BB chainguard bracket say Huffy to me. The BMA/6 decal is from 1971 or later. Also, Murray built Sears bikes have a 502 prefix, any other # is someone else.

Hey everyone! Newbie here. I'm trying to find info on my bike my grandfather bought for me right after I was born. I have determined it is a 69 Murray, but can't get much beyond that. It is a single speed coaster brake and had a yellow banana seat with a high back padded sissy bar. I can't find any info on X17 bikes, however I've seen a few X17 Eliminators but nothing like mine. It's been painted and neglected in a shed for over 35 years but I'd like to try to save it. Any info would be appreciated!​
null8-1.jpg

null-1.jpg

null1-1.jpg

The sticker:
null6-1.jpg

A bit of the original fade paint...
null5-1.jpg

kngtmat- Thanks! That is mine, and I am encouraged to know I appear to be on the right track, since I have struck the same thread.:) Here is the pic of the bb with the numbers-
nashandhiawatha009_zps205ea278-1.jpg

Has the Musselman hub-brake, also.

Back