When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray serial number project.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a Jc Higgins from my grandmas basement and I am trying to find out what and how old it is. Also what it is worth.

IMG_9251.JPG

IMG_9252.JPG

IMG_9254.JPG

I know it's late but yes that green Murray is from 1997 that Wald had on their stems since the late 70's. Murray brought the JC Higgins name back in the late 90's as well as the Mercury name and reintroduced springer's to them on some models like Schwinn's springer's.

The post I originally came to do is add that when they started putting the serial numbers on the head tube the numbers are put on both sides. Left was I guessing serial while the right side is for the Murray model numbers found in Murray's catalogs.

Hi, I just picked up this Hiawatha bike from a friend for free. He was going to put it on the curb. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the year and model. It's a great riding bike. Just needs a few minor adjustments. He unfortunately spray painted the frame. There isn't any rust on the frame. Minor rust from old scratches and dings on the fenders. I would love to restore it for my wife if it's worth it to do so. Otherwise just use it as is. If there's anyone that can offer additional info it would be greatly appreciated! Not sure if it's supposed to have a faux tank or not. It's pretty stripped down. I'm not sure where or if I can find any original parts, front emblem, tank (if it's supposed to have one) and decals. Also if anyone could recommend the best way to bring back its original color and remove rust from fenders? Thanks in advance!!
#J27898
Cheers

IMG_6336.JPG

IMG_6348.JPG

IMG_6349.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, I am looking for help IDing the year of a Murray Sonic Flight S# MOU 655115. It had an electric battery horn and headlights off the "tank" and has bullet tail reflectors off the rack with Komet Super Coaster brake hub.

Thanks

IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3484.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

My wife found a really clean bike in the basement of a house we just bought. I can tell that it is probably a 1968 bike but that is all The only markings on it were stickers (Murray, 10 Speed and Racer on the down tube). I did locate what I think is the Serial number on the head tube - Murray 10 Speed Racer m08 007174T4910860

My wife found a really clean bike in the basement of a house we just bought. I can tell that it is probably a 1968 bike but that is all The only markings on it were stickers (Murray, 10 Speed and Racer on the down tube). I did locate what I think is the Serial number on the head tube - Murray 10 Speed Racer m08 007174T4910860
Murray serials didn't move to the head tube til around 1980.

Back