When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray Springers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Took the old Murray outta it's attic resting place.
003.JPG
Finally got it up on wheels today.Installed a rocket ray light and new reflector in the rear fender housing. Also added a horn unit in the tank.
003.JPG

Really like these style springers. Like the old Monark's those two vertical springs made a kid feel like he was James Dean riding a motorcycle.

I like every thing about this bike, especially the sculpted rack. I think these Murray racks are really under appreciated and I think that the price on these will go the way most of the older tanks have,$ sky-high $.
004.JPG

This springer was also used for the X53 Westernflyer.
007.JPG

Murray had a similar springer on the Sear's J.C. Higgins.
006.JPG
014.JPG
012.JPG

Shown for comparison are the three styles together. The center springer is the early model used [correct me if I am wrong here] from 48-51.
011.JPG

This springer survived into the mid 1960's on the middleweights, having undergone various changes through the years.
Notice the early springer on the 1949 Mercury has the extra front short truss rods.
015.JPG

002.JPG

Last edited:
What could you tell me about this I'm working out a deal right now but the only thing I know about it, is it's a Color Flow/ Jet Flow.
IMG_0478_zps8hhr9ob5.jpg

Well .You asked Scribble so here goes.. . That is an expensive bike to restore because everything there is. junk..
Save your money and next year go to some swaps and buy one for 600$. Don't pay attention to the prices asked for these bikes on the CABE. especially don;t pay attention to Ebay. . It's the selling price that counts. and folks generally think that what they are selling commands a high price. Value of that bike? $60 and thats being nice to the seller...... real nice.. Its a jet flow

I noticed aome
Took the old Murray outta it's attic resting place.View attachment 396183 Finally got it up on wheels today.Installed a rocket ray light and new reflector in the rear fender housing. Also added a horn unit in the tank.View attachment 396186
Really like these style springers. Like the old Monark's those two vertical springs made a kid feel like he was James Dean riding a motorcycle.

I like every thing about this bike, especially the sculpted rack. I think these Murray racks are really under appreciated and I think that the price on these will go the way most of the older tanks have,$ sky-high $.
View attachment 396226
This springer was also used for the X53 Westernflyer.View attachment 396211

Murray had a similar springer on the Sear's J.C. Higgins. View attachment 396212 View attachment 396213 View attachment 396214
Shown for comparison are the three styles together. The center springer is the early model used [correct me if I am wrong here] from 48-51. View attachment 396215

This springer survived into the mid 1960's on the middleweights, having undergone various changes through the years.
Notice the early springer on the 1949 Mercury has the extra front short truss rods.View attachment 396225

View attachment 396187
I noticed in your comparison photo that the rake between the beehives seems to be different.

Looks like a header bike to me but looks like someone cut where the seat post clamp goes

Well .You asked Scribble so here goes.. . That is an expensive bike to restore because everything there is. junk..
Save your money and next year go to some swaps and buy one for 600$. Don't pay attention to the prices asked for these bikes on the CABE. especially don;t pay attention to Ebay. . It's the selling price that counts. and folks generally think that what they are selling commands a high price. Value of that bike? $60 and thats being nice to the seller...... real nice.. Its a jet flow

Yep That's what I was thinking you would say, good this is that he only wants $25 for it. the real kicker is that it's most likely going to be $140 to get to my door step.

Back