When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Murray?

-

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Someone sent me these pictures asking what it was.

Looks like a Murray built middleweight with the external Delta signal lights mounted to the tank.
I've seen a few pictures of this style tanklight bike in the past but, can't recall what it was. Thinking it was called a Rocket or something. [emoji102]
Anybody know?
Not much for reference material on these that I could find. Not much value either but, just trying to help out the owner.
Sorry about the pics, it's what was sent to me.

a78744d18a0d510b268371e9c4455392-1.jpg

1cf2f44898d7724c1e9cc7a92399a22b-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:
Thanks gene. The owner just sent me a picture of the badge. Hawthorne.
I recall this tank with the external lights model had a name, just can't recall it.

8062f26828f00570b0d2083546fedc18-1.jpg

I'm not Gene but your welcome anyway.
Thanks gene. The owner just sent me a picture of the badge. Hawthorne.
I recall this tank with the external lights model had a name, just can't recall it.

8062f26828f00570b0d2083546fedc18-1.jpg

Sorry, thanks for your input anyway.
Not Gene then who....thought I knew just about everyone's real name. Don't want to make that mistake again.
John

That's OK I've been called much worse. LOL. I know both Gene and my user names have Higgins in them. I'm Jim the grip guy.

It's a Snyder built bicycle. The dropouts are a dead giveaway. Sprocket is similar to Murray, but has triangles near the center.

Back